LearnAbility is a unique new learning program that offers a pathway to employment, through a combined on the job work experience program whilst students gain a nationally recognised statement of attainment. We also customise this program to meet the needs of people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Learners will complete a short nationally-recognised skill set that may lead to further traineeship opportunities in full qualifications.
Learners have the opportunity to undertake practical work placements in:
- Supply Chain Operations
- Business Administration
What does the program look like?
- Four to six weeks on the job learning, with two days per week practical work experience supported by your trainer
- Induction to the specific industry
- Completion of a short nationally-recognised skill set
- Skill development and capability building in small groups designed to secure employment opportunities
- Small group sessions designed to minimise anxiety, build self-confidence and encourage self-advocacy
Winners of the 2022 NSW Industry Collaboration Award
METS Training Services are the proud winners of the NSW Industry Collaboration Award along with Disability Services Australia and the William Inglis.
This win was presented at the NSW Training Awards for our LearnAbility program, which was designed to provide training and employment opportunities to students with learning difficulties or disabilities. The program achieved an outstanding result, with a greater than 90% completion rate recorded!
What you will learn
LearnAbility@METS empowers you to take that next step towards your employment goals, and in the process grow your confidence and independence.
Our trainers have a passion for the subjects they teach and experience providing guided practice, additional support and positive and constructive feedback. We aim to maximise the experience for our learners to achieve a high rate of progress in their work and life goals.
LearnAbility@METS supports learners to:
- Develop new skills and build confidence
- Identify work goals and test these in practical work placements
- Explore training and education pathways to jobs
- Develop employability skills
- Enhance transferable skills
- Acquire practical on-the-job experience
- Gain nationally-recognised Units of Competency
Calling on employers committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in the workplace?
It is well known that diverse teams foster greater employee engagement and productivity, better problem-solving abilities, tapping into varying perspectives leading to greater levels of innovation.
METS Training Services is passionate about developing strong links with industry and employers seeking to build or improve upon their DEI programs. Join us in a partnership that’s transforming individual lives and communities.
If you are interested in running a LearnAbility program at your workplace, we would love to work with you on customising a program to meet your specific needs.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com